Is sleeping in the afternoon for 1-2 hours good? What exactly can bring this habit to my health?
If you find yourself fighting off sleep in the afternoon and you’re just at home or somewhere where you can have a nap, and then do it.
Taking the time for a brief nap will release the sleepiness almost instantly and increase alertness for several hours after waking. Learn the benefits of this habit.
• Studies suggest that taking a short nap for about half an hour can help boost memory and improve mood.
• Having some sleep in the afternoon can also bring calmness to the nervous system, helping you to relax and remain calm. It is believed that a short afternoon nap may help in dealing with anger issues.
• Research also suggests that a short sleep during the day can actually develop concentration, helping you to become more alert.
• Researchers have found that taking a short snooze in the middle of the day is a natural way to lower blood pressure. You already know that not getting enough sleep can lead to an elevated cortisol, the stress hormone, causing your arteries to narrow and even constrict. This can result in higher blood pressure.
• According to Ayurveda, sleeping for an hour in the afternoon can also help fasten the process of curing in people who have undergone a surgery in the pastWritten Jun 03, 2019