Some men start losing their hair in high school and that is only 13-17 years old which is very young. Is it genetic or has something to do on how they take care of their health. But there are still blessed people who have almost 100% of their hair even they are already senior citizen.
Individuals normally lose up to 100 hairs a day. Since new hair is growing in at the same time thinning of scalp hair doesn't cause obvious. Hair loss happens when this progression of hair growth and shedding is disrupted or when the hair follicle is destroyed and replaced with scar tissue.
Factors to consider why getting hair loss:
• Heredity. The much known reason of hair loss is a hereditary condition called male-pattern baldness or female-pattern baldness. It usually happens gradually with aging and in predictable patterns — a receding hairline and bald spots in men and thinning hair in women.
• Hormonal changes and medical conditions. A selection of conditions can cause permanent or temporary hair loss, including hormonal changes due to pregnancy, childbirth, menopause and thyroid problems. Medical conditions include alopecia areata (al-o-PEE-she-uh ar-e-A-tuh), which causes patchy hair loss, scalp infections such as ringworm and a hair-pulling disorder called trichotillomania (trik-o-til-o-MAY-nee-uh).
• Medications and supplements. It can be a side effect of certain drugs, such as those used for cancer, arthritis, depression, heart problems, gout and high blood pressure.
• Radiation therapy to the head. The hair may not grow back the similar as it was before.
• Stress. Many persons experience a general thinning of hair several months after a physical or emotional shock. This type of hair loss is temporary.
• Hairstyles and treatments. Too much hairstyling or hairstyles that pull your hair tight, such as pigtails or cornrows, can cause a type of hair loss called traction alopecia. Hot oil hair treatments and permanents can cause inflammation of hair follicles that leads to hair loss. If scarring occurs, hair loss could be permanent.Written Jun 01, 2019